Sunday, March 23, 2014

A small compliment

I like working out, no secret there.

Dance classes are harder.

First off, it's in a group, so I'm constantly angst-ing about whether or not I'm getting the steps right.

Second, there are wall to wall mirrors, so I never miss it when I miss a step or two.

Anyway, you all know how much I'm digging BodyCombat, and on Saturday I received the pick-me up I needed.

Back up, I hadn't worked out at all for 5 days, busy times at work etc. So, when I finally got back to the gym on Saturday, I felt rusty.

Anyway, after BodyCombat was finished, I went to put away my mat, and a woman stopped me. She smiled brightly and loudly told me, "You know, I'm always behind you in class, and I think you look great! You've lost so much weight, whatever you're doing, it's working!"

I was over the moon!

I have felt better about myself, especially this month after I found out that exercise is the most potent anti-depressant. I'm not knocking anything about those who take anti-depressants, I personally want to know I've exhausted all my options before it comes to that. Do what works for you. Sometimes all you need is a small compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment