Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Summer of Reading

Alas, I can feel the season of summer upon me!!!!

I'm so happy to be finished with classes until August, and long ago decided that I would devote my summer to writing, reading, and my piano studies.

Now that leadership class is a fond memory as opposed to a time-consuming reality, I'm rededicated myself to my art and my true loves. I plan on completing a draft of my novel , as well as reading at least one book every week between now and when classes start at the end of August.

Since the creative juices are flowing for Lindsey, Not Perfect, I decided to hold myself accountable for my reading goal by, of course, making a list. I will not only read a new book each week, I will do a blog post about what I took away from the book, characters I admired or dismissed, and my over recommendation for whether or not I think it's worth the read.

Those who know me well will know that I don't just select any book to devote my time to, therefore I had to do a little research to even make my list. I had created a board on Pinterest a while back called Good to Know: Books specifically with this purpose in mind. So I perused my pins and from many many lists of good books for twenty-something females, I not only had a great start, but a schedule to boot!

So here are the first few on my list:

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
He's Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo
Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close
Adulting: How to become a grownup in 468 steps by Kelly Williams Brown
Bossypants by Tina Fey


Obviously there are more, but if I said all of them right now, I might get the idea that I don't need to read anything else. I'm hoping that by the end of May I will have discovered even more literature gems to add to my list. Currently there are 11 books on my schedule, with room for 7 more. I will have read 18 new books by the time classes start. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment