Friday, April 4, 2014

In Five Weeks...

Over the course of five weeks, my life did a 180.

Even I'm surprised about some of the changes that are coming my way.

Anyway, I'm going to recap my timeline of the last five weeks with all my thoughtful insight:

Thursday February 27
Received Rejection email from the U of U ELP Graduate program

Tuesday March 4
Randomly applied for a job at Westminster College.
Why, you ask? I was depressed and figured, 'Hey, I meet the qualifications, so why not?'

Wednesday March 5
Received a phone call from Westminster and was asked to come in to interview for the position.

Also, showed interest in a graduate program on the Westminster website and requested more information.

Wednesday March 12
Met with an admission representative to talk about the steps to apply for the program and submitted pieces of the application.
Interviewed for the position.

Thursday March 19
Received a phone call about coming back for another interview for a different position, and promptly set up another interview time.

Monday March 24
Mailed in the last piece of my application materials.

Tuesday March 25
Interviewed at noon, was offered the job at 3:30.

Thursday April 3
Was accepted into the Master's of Arts in Community Leadership program.

*I will begin my new position mid-April, and I will begin my graduate studies in August. I'm still sitting here, looking at the dates in which these events played out, and thinking "What just happened?"

No comments:

Post a Comment