Friday, May 30, 2014

Summer of Reading: The Pretty One

This week, I read The Pretty One: A Novel About Sisters by Lucinda Rosenfeld.

It took me a few tries to get caught up in the story, which was just okay I guess. I liked the vivid descriptions of each individual sister that highlights something poignant about their rivalries with one another and how quickly the drama sparks can turn into a blazing fire.

I'm not sure if I would recommend it, seeing as it was not high on my list of priorities to finish (the main reason I did was so that I could post today and stick to my schedule), but if you have nothing better to do, go for it!

It made me think about how different my life would be if I had grown up with a sister instead of brothers. Would I have been more feminine or more tomboyish? Would I be any more of a girly-girl now? I guess we'll never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment