Saturday, March 7, 2015

in the wee hours

Today I had my first shift at the Salt Lake Temple!

It began when my alarm went off at 3:45am so that I could shower and make myself presentable for my six-hour shift.

I decided not to have any technological distractions, so I didn't check my phone, use my iPad, or my computer. As I drive to the temple at 4:30am, I listened to my Jenny Jordan-Frogley mix on my iPod, and I was ready for my morning to begin.

I won't go into details about the going-ons of the temple, but let's just say I had a lot of behind-the-scenes experiences with weddings today.

It's so funny, I ended my shift running wedding gowns to the dressing rooms, carrying them exactly how I had to when I worked as a bridal consultant. My arms ached after a few minutes, and I had flashbacks to my time at Gateway Bridal.

I guess I really have come full circle. I used to sell the gowns that girls brought to the temple, and now I was carrying them down for the brides to put on after their sealings.

I can't wait to tell Victoria! I learned so much about about sealings today, and I know I was right where I was supposed to be. I am where I need to be right now.


This is what I looked like right before my shift started at 5am

This is what the world looked like at 11am when I left the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment