Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Put on Your Happy Face

I’ve been dealing with some pretty nasty “life road bumps” lately (being unsure of my capstone project, drama on campus, and Max & Kate are moving away) and I’ve had to lean on others for emotional support. My husband has been phenomenal in helping me process my feelings by letting me vent for a few minutes every day, and he learned yesterday that he can instantly lift my spirits if he uses silly humor near the end of my vent session to change the subject. It throws me off, that’s for sure. But then I’m further enlightened by just how important that silly humor is.

I take myself too seriously, that’s just fact. He definitely knows how to be serious, but he also knows when we’ve hit the limit on whether or not continuing the vent session is beneficial or detrimental. I’m glad he can pick up on that. He knows how to make me laugh, that’s for sure.

In fact, his happy face, bright smile, and cheerful demeanor are why I married him. He really does complete me because the qualities that he brings to the table are the ones that I’m lacking.

I'm still having a rough time, but I know I'll come out of it.

I just have to ride the roller-coaster and put on my happy face.

No comments:

Post a Comment