Wednesday, August 19, 2015

the last year (of school)

Today is the first day of the semester at Westminster; lucky for me, my classes don't start until Monday. But still, I love watching all of the new freshman pour into the building and find their way into their intro science classes.

Campus is definitely "scurrying," a big change from being stagnant and ghost-towny like it has been all summer. I don't mind the scurry, it's kind of nice not to feel completely only in my building. There's a bustle around campus that I've missed, and I'm glad every one is back and gearing up for another great year.

This is my very last Fall semester, unless somewhere down the line I decide to get a PhD, but I'm leaning more toward a no on that front. As much as I love school, I'm ready to focus on other areas of my life, like my marriage, eventual motherhood, working on my novel, painting, my strong desire to learn karate, and adopting a dog (just to name a few).

I'm both happy and nervous about my classes this semester; my writing class prof also taught my marketing class last spring, but my capstone class has me concerned that my idea might not be a good one for a project/thesis. I guess we will find out.

I'll be happier/more nervous next semester when it will be my very last first day of school as a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment