Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Conference Weekend

Many of you know that I did not grow up in a Mormon household, so the idea of watching 4 hours of church talks for BOTH my weekend days twice a year is still pretty new to me. Anyway, in the last year, I found that I could hold myself accountable to watch if I watched with others. Normally I'd watch a session or two with Victoria and her boys, and maybe one with Mere and Aaron, and even a session with Sam last time.

But this time was different. Now that we are married, we had a chance to make some of our own conference traditions. I gave it a shot, and we watched every single session together! My one condition was that I could do projects during each session.

So, Saturday morning, I made us eggs for breakfast, and my project was to finish the rest of our wedding gift thank you notes (which I did!). In between the sessions, Sam mailed them all, and we watched a dating special on BYUtv.

After lunch, we watched the afternoon session while I did Family History Research. I actually got a lot done, and it's so much more fun to do family research on the weekend instead of thesis research. We ate dinner, and then Sam headed off to watch the Priesthood session; I got to go visit Victoria and watch the live-action Cinderella movie (complete with brownies and cookie dough ice-cream).

Sunday morning, I woke up early and made waffles, and ran to Starbucks to get some hot chocolates to make the morning even more special. I made it back with two minutes to spare!


As we watched the morning session, I continued to do family history work and made a lot of progress on my paternal grandfather's line.

I painted during the afternoon session, and after it was all over we had dinner at my mom's house. For once, everyone was there: Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Ian and Tyler!

Overall it was a pretty nice, low-key weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment