Friday, October 2, 2015

Seeing Idina Menzel!

I've loved Idina Menzel since I first heard her sing "Defying Gravity" when I was 14yrs old. I loved her even more when I discovered RENT. Hearing her sing "Let it Go" cemented my eternal woman-crush. It's not just that I love her voice, she is SO cool!

Anyway, she came to Salt Lake to do a benefit concert at UVU last night. We got stuck in major traffic on I-15, and then had a helluva time finding parking and waiting in line at Will Call, but we finally made it to our seats an hour late. Lucky for us, she hadn't even started yet, and began the show not five minutes after we got there.

She even came out into the audience to find a duet partner for "Take me or Leave me," and then brought two people onstage with her so they could all sing together. Like I said, she's so very cool :)





My sweet husband was so tired by the time we got there, 
but he was such a trooper, especially since he'd never heard Idina sing before.





At one point, everyone turned on their cellphone flashlights
and lit up the room during one of the more slow numbers.
This was by far the best benefit concert I've ever been to (probably the only one too), and I'm so glad my husband shared the fabulous, once-in-a-lifetime experience with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment