Monday, October 26, 2015

Pre-Halloween Weekend

This weekend was very Halloween-esque for us.

First, we donated blood on Friday night. The blood drive was being held in the Murray Memorial Mortuary! Despite my best preparation efforts I still got lightheaded, only this time I was still sitting down. If it happens the next time we donate, I may have to rethink whether or not donating blood is the best way for me to help. Anyway, Sam saw the techs rushing over to help me and ended up having a reaction of his own. Apparently when you are close to someone and you watch them have a reaction, you could possible react because of their reaction. Who knew?


Check out our matching elbows!
After the blood drive, we came home and popped some popcorn before watching Hocus Pocus (Sam had never seen it!).

On Saturday we went to go see Hotel Transylvania 2, which was just as good, if not better than the first one, out in West Jordan (gotta love AMC theater gift cards!) before getting some ice cream at Coldstone.

We ended our day by doing baptisms for the dead at the Salt Lake Temple before binge-watching some Studio C clips.

On Sunday after church, I tried some new Sunday-appropriate activities (I've always had a hard time keeping the Sabbath day holy). We discussed hymns for the November sacrament meetings, baked bread, took a nap, I painted for a bit, and then we went to family dinner at the Boston's.

I think the drastic temperature change is affecting my energy levels, because I've been so tired lately. But I'm getting back into the weight room today after a two month hiatus (I've been doing yoga twice a week instead), and I'm hoping that getting back on the weight-training horse will help me put life into balance again.

No comments:

Post a Comment