Thursday, November 5, 2015

Submitting the IRB Proposal

Let it be know that on this day, November 5, 2015 at 10:47am, I finished writing my IRB proposal. Let it also be known that at 10:59 it was officially submitted.

For the last few weeks, this proposal has been like my child (both the love of my life and the bane of my existence). I've been doing all I can to help it grow and develop properly, that it was honest, to the point, and authentic. Most of all, it has a purpose.

Anyway, after almost 12 hours of copy and paste, writing consent and assent forms, perfecting interview questions, and anticipating ethical considerations, I converted my finished product from word to pdf and emailed it to the dean.

I feel so great right now, and I'm confident that I will be able to get out into the field to gather my data soon.

This has been a challenging road to walk, especially with the overwhelming sense of negativity that some people have thrown my way since the semester started. But I'd like to thank my ever-cheerful and laid-back husband for helping my through my academic meltdowns.

Let the countdown to the end of class begin! (5 weeks)

No comments:

Post a Comment