Friday, January 1, 2016

The 2016 Theme

I started theme-ing my years a little while back, and I would construct my resolutions based on whatever my theme was. Last year's theme was "Being Human." The primary goal was to be better at feeling things and listening to what my emotions were trying to tell me instead of just glossing over the issues and bottling everything up in a dark place in my head coated with resentment.

I definitely think I made progress on that theme. The year before it was "New Classic" and focused a lot on enrichment and accomplishing things (like getting into grad school, learning how to paint with acrylics, etc.). That year went pretty well also, so I definitely think the whole theme-thing has some truth to it.

I'd been toying with some theme ideas, such as "Amazing Grace," "Once More, with Feeling," and "Almost There." Each was solid in its own right, but with my recent desire to remove the negativity from my life, I decided that "Amazing Grace" was the winner.

I'm choosing to focus on enhancing the attributes of grace, endurance, compassion, and patience within myself.

Daily Aspirations
  1. Verbally acknowledge something I love about myself, then write it down and put it into a jar
  2. No more than five minutes of complaining each day 
  3. Try two new recipes every month and post about them
  4. Eat my 5-a-day 
  5. Exercise at least 30 minutes every day
  6. Write 500 words a day, no matter what!

Yearly Goals
  1. Finish and submit Master's Thesis (Mental)
  2. Do a 5k with Sam (Physical)
  3. Learn how to play tennis (Physical)
  4. Submit a painting to the State Fair (Creative)
  5. Find a cause and volunteer for three months (after graduation of course!) (Service)
  6. Learn to paint with watercolors


No comments:

Post a Comment