Monday, January 25, 2016

Field Interview #2

Boy, this data collection phase of the thesis is SO much fun!! I did my second field interview last week, and finished transcribing the audio today. Good thing too, because my third interview is scheduled for later this week.

I can't believe how much I am learning by being in the field and interviewing people, I am SO excited to start talking to the classes of 7th graders next week.

What did I learn this time you ask?

I had more fun only audio-recording the interview instead of trying to type up notes as I went along. It was so much more natural, and I think it was easier to segue way into follow-up questions without the clickety-clackety of my keyboard (besides, my hands would be sore enough after transcribing anyway).

I can already see my findings chapter (Ch4) beginning to shape up, although I might ask my former COMM prof to help me organize all my data when my fieldwork is over.

But seriously, all the stress,headaches, and tears of last semester have all been worth it to get to this point.

I can't wait to hear about what the 7th graders have to think!

No comments:

Post a Comment