Monday, February 15, 2016

Update on the brain child (who now has a name!)

My lovely little brain-child is beginning to grow!

Firstly, Sam decided that the brain-child was in fact a boy (not sure how, but I'm not arguing). We decided to name him Truman, after my massive rhetorical analysis on 'The Truman Show' from last semester. So he will henceforth be referred to as Truman.

Anyway, I was working on Truman's last two chapter outlines this weekend when his title suddenly came into my mind. I was so excited that I had to resist the urge to wake Sam up so I could tell him (keep in mind that it was Saturday morning, I'd been up since before 6am, already exercised, and was in the creative zone). Being the nice wife that I am, I waited until it was after 7:30am before I barged into our bedroom and jumped on the bed to wake him.

Truman needs some revisions on Ch 1-3, so I'm meeting with my thesis advisor tomorrow to go over her proposed edits and show he my new chapter outlines. The plan is to finish revising by the end of the day on Friday, and spend Saturday working on Ch 4.

Personal Goal: Finish drafts of Ch 4-5 by March 1.


On another note, my budgeting class is almost half over! I got some advice from my friend Beth about the best way to prepare for the class exams and do well on my final project. Basically, she said to study. Study. STUDY for the exams, and to also start the individual project ASAP.

So, I spent most of my downtime today combing through my class syllabus and writing up part of my final project. It needs to be a 3-pg Executive summary on a mid to large sized nonprofit. Only because I wanted to relieve myself of the stress I knew would percolate if I didn't take Beth's advice, I outline the summary, and began doing some research. With the exception of going through the 990 tax forms and performing calculations, I made really good progress. It's safe to say that the project is 30% finished.

To be fair, the calculations I need to make won't even be discussed in class for another three weeks, and I'm just not sure if doing the calculations now would even be worth it if it means I need to redo them in a month.

Regardless, these projects are coming together beautifully. I can't wait to screen shot my title page for my lovely audience when my final version is ready to be submitted.

Also, one student from my cohort gets to speak at the hooding ceremony. I've got my fingers crossed that it will be me!

I can't believe how fast this semester is going by, which is strange because last week it felt like the semester was just dragging on. As of this week, there are 10 and a half weeks until graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment