Friday, May 13, 2016

"It all sounds so adventurous"

One of my favorite feel-good movies is "A Little Princess." I especially love the part when Sara is telling a story to her friends, and Ermengarde says "It all sounds so adventurous!"

My life has never felt adventurous. I'm pretty routine. Sam, on the other hand, is far more daring and willing to take risks than I am.

I recently accepted a job offer from the Salt Lake City School District, and that decision has really shaken things up. Due to the nature of my contract, I have a few weeks off in the summer. Even though I have tons of trainings scheduled before August, I have a lovely chunk of free time.

I wondered what I would do with that time, especially since I was so accustomed a being so busy.

We have a Hawaiian vacation coming up, and I'm very much looking forward to it. I've never really traveled, but I've always wanted to. Travel, write, paint, binge-watch Gilmore Girls, these were the things I wanted to do. But I wondered, would it be enough?

Mom and Grandpa came by for a visit last weekend, and we FaceTimed with the Dunns. Gosh, I really do miss them, the distance is killing me. So, obviously I was ecstatic when Uncle D asked me and Grandpa to come visit.

Long story short, Grandpa isn't up for it, but Sam and I talked about it and he encouraged me to go visit anyway. I crunched the numbers, looked at the calendar, and booked my ticket for a two week visit. We haven't told the kids yet because I want to surprise them.

Again, I never really travel, and now I have two incredible trips happening this summer. I also have two fantastic concerts that I'm attending: David Archuleta with my mom after Hawaii, and The Piano Guys with Sam for our one year anniversary!

I can't believe I have my Master's degree, that I'm starting a great new job, and I am actually able to have my own little summer adventure. Sam and I have only been apart two days since we got married, so I'm hoping it won't be too unbearable to be apart for two weeks.

My visit with the kids will consist of me joining them in Ocean City at a beach house, and then staying with them the few days beforehand and afterwards.

I can't believe mine and Sam's one year anniversary is coming up! What a crazy year, jam-packed with reading, writing, and a whole bunch of other activities that have come up.

It really does sound so adventurous!

No comments:

Post a Comment