Sunday, May 15, 2016

Ward Dinner at Nibley Park

It was Ward Conference today, which meant that last night was our ward dinner. Our dinner turned out to be an outdoor picnic/BBQ at park off of 500 East and 2100 South.

We were supposed to bring a cultural dish, so I decided to make fried matzoh. My Bubby taught me how to make it when I was a kid, but I couldn't remember the recipe to save my life. Lucky for me, I have Pinterest as a phenomenal resource and was able to find a decent recipe within seconds.

I spent Saturday afternoon making fried matzoh for the dinner, and baking cookies for the linger longer after the meeting block today. I made cake mix cookies, using a white cake mix, cocoa powder, egg whites, and applesauce. They were especially fudgy and incredibly addictive, it took all my willpower to stop after only eating two of them. Next time I might drizzle the dough balls with peanut butter to see if I can make them even more decadent.

I wish I had taken some pics of the party, but I got distracted whilst mingling (and my phone battery was running low). Overall, it was a pretty great dinner (I had a hamburger and some yummy pretzel brownies).

No comments:

Post a Comment