Thursday, October 20, 2016

Adopting Princess

We finally (FINALLY) got around to adopting a dog!



She is a four month old heeler/chihuahua mix who is incredibly curious, a cuddle bug, and quite the walking partner. Her name was Aloura, but her foster mom said that she'd only had the name for two weeks, so we decided to rename her Princess (my grandparents used to have a black lab named Princess, so I consider it a family name).

We bought an arsenal of dog stuff, including a pink harness, pink leash, pink food dish, and a large crate for her to be in during the day when we're at work and at night to sleep inside.


She already loves her Daddy! She tried to help him put together her crate.


She loves Mommy too!

But she isn't too fazed at the idea of taking selfies yet.


We found her through the Rescue Rovers adoption event at Petsmart. 
I remember telling Sam I wanted an older dog that was a smaller breed, so you can imagine my surprise when I crossed her path. 

Honestly, she reminded me of Olivia, especially in the eyes.
I was sold!

She's a good dog mostly, but we started puppy school this week so that she can be properly trained and get socialized. I also plan to set her up with puppy playdates with Arthur and Buster (Bryce's dogs), and Daisy and Mariposa (Aunt Carmen's dogs) so that she can bond with her "cousins." 

So far I've noticed that she's a bit of a momma's girl when people come over, but she warms up eventually. She loved meeting my mom and dad when they came over the day after we adopted her. I'm hoping that she'll love Sam's parents when they come for Thanksgiving. She's a lot of work, but she's done wonders for my overall mood.

Her hashtag shall be #PunkPrincess!


No comments:

Post a Comment