Thursday, October 6, 2016

I'm reminded

Wow, sorry it's been almost a month since my last post. Seriously, it's not like I'm depriving my audience of my adventures on purpose.

Anyway, we've been really busy with work, then we had Tyler's wedding, Sam's parents came to visit us last weekend, and we have our housewarming party coming up this weekend!

With so much happening, it's been very easy to get caught up in the moment. It's been happening so much, I kind of lost myself for a minute.

I needed a healthy dose of perspective.

I was on my way to babysit in Sugarhouse after work, and I decided to stop by Westminster and say hi to my friends.

I found out my old job was open again, my replacement quit shortly after starting, and I popped by to see my old boss.

On my way back to my car I ran into both my thesis advisors, and had a good chat about how I see the world since graduation.

I'm reminded of my life six months ago, and the comparison was no contest.

I'm reminded of so many things that I don't have to deal with anymore. Sure, I have different stressors now, but I wouldn't go back to where I used to be.

Growth is good, no matter how uncomfortable or emotionally taxing it may be.

I'm reminded who I am, who I've been, and who I want to be.

I'm reminded how far I've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment