Thursday, October 20, 2016

Shawgwarts

Last Friday night we went to Shaw Hogwarts (Shawgwarts), a Harry Potter house put on by Sam's cousin Kelsey's husband Matthew's family. It was pretty cool, the inside of the house was made to look like Hogsmeade, Hagrid's hut, Dumbledore's office, and Diagon Alley.

The Elder Wand on display



Hogsmead




Hogwarts staircase, complete with floating candles


Dumbledore's office



Cousin selfie! 

It was pretty neat to see all the details that went into constructing this amazing display. There were so many little things that made the walk through truly magical. I was reminded of the first time I read the books, back when only books 1-3 were out and I had to wait in line at midnight to get the remaining four. What an amazing way for me to relive a small piece of my childhood!

Maybe one of these years we can have Harry Potter-themed costumes.


No comments:

Post a Comment