Saturday, October 29, 2016

learning to let it go

I've been practicing patience a lot lately, especially with Princess.

I've never been much of a dog person, that's Sam's area of experience, so becoming a doggie mom is strange undiscovered territory for me. I don't immediately know how to solve dog issues like I do with kids.

Still, learning how to co-parent a dog has been interesting. Sam and I have very different parenting styles, so we really have to work together in order to be consistent with what we are teaching Princess.

But as rewarding as it has been adopting Princess, I have many frustrations with her as well. I've had many more frustrations that are entirely unrelated to her also.

Sam asked me to work on letting go of my frustration and cut myself a break. He even showed me a meditative excretes to physically help you let something go.

We are working on it.

I'm learning to let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment