Wednesday, August 2, 2017

like a boss

Today was my second day back at school.

Naturally there are a plethora of tasks that need to be completed before registration next week and the first day of school shortly thereafter. Pregnancy brain doesn't help, nor do the people who keep telling me that it turns into mom brain and my superb brainpower will never be quite the same.

Regardless, I'm beyond psyched to be back in my element and doing what I enjoy (aka running the world).

This year is going to be a different experience because Charlie is set to make his debut mid-December. Because I'm planning to go on leave for about 12 weeks, I want to make sure my office continues to run smoothly in my absence.

Anyway, today was one of those crazy busy days. I had two trainings that ran longer than anticipated, and a to-do list that grew with every received email.

I can't explain it, but as I drove home I couldn't help but feel so accomplished. Maybe it was all the knowledge I'd absorbed throughout the day, maybe it was feeling so happy to be back at my desk. I don't know.

All I know is that I felt like a boss, pregnant belly and all.

I'm really excited for this school year to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment