Thursday, September 21, 2017

Expecting a Miracle, Part 2

Five things you are most frightened about.
  • Where will I be when I go into labor?
Sam and I are trying not to think about this one too much. Mostly because we will just worry about something that we have little control over. All we keep focusing on is that we will be ready no mater when it happens.
  • Will my delivery have any complications?
Again, this one scares me because there are so many unknowns.
  • Is my blood glucose normal?
I just did my glucose test last week, and I know I won't stop thinking about it until I get my results. I'm sure everything is fine, but you never know. The drink wasn't so bad, I just hate getting my blood drawn. Plus I had to get a shot. I wasn't too pleased at the end of my appointment.
  • My water breaking
Will is break on its own or will the doctor have to do it runs through my mind frequently. Also the location when it finally happens. Ultimately, will I be somewhere that I have to clean it up? Yeah, this one I should let go of.
  • Not being able to lose the baby weight

Five things you are most delighted about.
  • Seeing the details of his face
We had a 3D ultrasound this week for surprise date night (another post on that coming soon), and were able to see that Charlie has my lips and Sam's jaw (which is awesome because I do not have a defined jawline). His face is already so beautiful, yet there is still so much we haven't seen yet.
  • Finding out if he looks more like me or Sam
So far I'm going to say he is a mutt (meaning he looks like both of us), but we are still waiting to see whose hair and eye color he ends up with.
  • Watching his personality unfold
He was super active all day yesterday, so I wonder if he picked up on my excitement for two really important school events. Either that or he is already a math genius and couldn't wait to attend the school family math night.
  • What interests will he have?
Sam concluded that Charlie has my fingers, which means they are too stumpy to play piano. But it would;t surprise me if this kid was artsy and athletic. 
  • Holding him for the first time.
This one I still have to wait another 12 weeks for, but it will be worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment