Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Expecting A Miracle, Part 1

Welcome to the first of several pregnancy-related posts. I found an interesting pin on Pinterest to help me better document my pregnancy, mostly because my actual journal is hit or miss most weeks. Regardless, there are about 55 little topics on this list and I plan on addressing each of them. I will be combining a few topics into the same post (like this one), but I am actually very much looking forward to this writing journey.
  • The day you first find out you are pregnant.
I suspected I was pregnant early on. Although after a few days I started to wonder if it was all in my head. I took a test the day after my missed period at 3:30 in the morning because I woke up in the the middle of the night and was too excited to go back to sleep. I was ecstatic when I saw the two pink lines on my dollar store brand test. Waiting until sun up felt like forever, but I was over the moon. For years I had theorized what that one moment might feel like; it was nothing like, yet everything I could have ever imagined.
  • The way you broke the news.
I jumped on the bed until Sam woke up, which took about ten seconds. At 6am I called my parents and texted Victoria and Alexa because I couldn't keep this to myself. We told Sam's parents the next day when we were Face timing. It felt so surreal to keep texting the word 'pregnant.'
  • The way you felt when you realized you were going to have a baby.
Excited is definitely the best word to use for this question. I love babies, just ask anyone who has known me since I was a kid. As a babysitter, I'm a self-proclaimed baby whisperer. I'm good with kids. That's just a fact. The idea of having a child of my own, one that had half my DNA, one that could potentially look just like me, was such an exciting concept.
  • How did other people react?
My in-laws were over the moon. My parents were a bit blasé. My brothers didn't care. The Facebook community reacted positively when we finally posted about it when my 1st trimester was over. People are very excited for us.
  • The first three months – the best kept secret – or was it?
It wasn't a secret. There was no way Sam or I could've kept it to ourselves. We went to our monthly family dinner under the agreement that we wouldn't say anything unless we were asked outright. Unfortunately for me, nausea would hit me if I didn't eat on time, and an ill-timed comment about easter eggs gave me away. One of the cousins jokingly asked if I was pregnant. Shoot. "Yeah." So much for trying to keep it a secret.
  • Who’s your daddy?
My sweet husband Sam is the father of my child, and I would't want it any other way. I can't think of a more amazing person to help raise my son, or a better example for my son to learn by. He is going to be such a great dad; I know this because he is already an outstanding dad to our fur-baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment