Thursday, May 7, 2015

Baby Fever

In the midst of working, waiting for grades, and various tasks of wedding planning, I've been hit with  a full-blown case of baby fever. Normally I can feel it coming on, and nip it in the bud before it escalates. Not this time!

I partially blame Grey's Anatomy, especially after last week's episode when (spoiler alert!) Meredith gave birth to a  beautiful baby girl. Mostly, I blame it on the fact that I can actually hear my internal clock ticking. One of my colleagues laughed when I said that, and wanted to know what it sounded like. Personally, I hear the sounds of an actual clock ticking mingled with the sounds of babies cooing. It's really starting to get to me.

How is this different from any other time I've had baby fever?

Well, in about 10 weeks, being married will open up the possibility of having my own babies. Which leads to the conversation about kids; how many do we want, how far apart, and who will stay home with them, etc.

I'd always pondered the idea of having my own kids, but it kind of faded in and out. I questioned whether or not it was something I wanted, and after months and months of back and forth, the answer was: Yes, I do want kids.

I've often dreamed about my kids, and in my dream there are three of them. Here is a summary of my dream babies, shared straight out of my journal:

Rachel Linnea
Brown curly hair and brown eyes
Loves to read and write stories
Often the one to take charge and lead her younger siblings into their next big adventure

Josie Anne
Blonde hair and brown eyes
Loves to sing and dance, often the star actress in her older sister's stories
Chock full of personality and seriously the sweetest little girl you'll ever meet

Leo Boston
Thick curly blonde hair and blue eyes
Affectionate and observant
Follows Rachel around like he's supposed to be her shadow


Maybe one day they won't just be my dream, they will be my reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment