Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Dear Friend...

I've decided to capitalize on my emotions today and write a letter to a very dear friend of mine. It will be very emotionally charged, but vague. Due to the intensity of the "feels," I've decided to protect her identity and simply refer to her as "friend."


Dear Friend,

I realize that life must seem a bit miserable right now, so I'd like to remind you of the difference you've made in my life.

I was younger when we met, not quite a child, but certainly not grown-up. I remember learning and growing, completely oblivious to the fact that you were always watching. You've given me many gifts in my life, but I think the most important has been the ability to understand; understanding my family, my friends, my testimony, my life, etc.

You've always been there for me when I needed someone. I always felt welcomed and loved in your home. I watched your family grow, and loved your children like I would my own. You've shared so many of the small moments with me, and those moments are priceless and cannot be replicated. I'm honored to have been a part of your history.

I still don't understand how someone can share so much love with another person. I could try to pinpoint the reason why the Lord crossed our paths, but I feel that would devalue all the history we have left to write. Your love inspires me so much; I watch how you love your children, your husband, and so many of your friends, and I'm so lucky to feel that love.

You are one of the best friends I've ever had, and I look forward to being friends for much, much longer in this lifetime.

Words cannot properly articulate just how much I love you, and how blessed I feel to have you in my life. You are SO amazing; I know for a fact that the world is a brighter place because you are in it, doing what you are doing, and loving everyone so very much.

What would I do without that amazing inspiration?

Anyway, I love you forever and ever!

Your friend,

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment