Friday, September 4, 2015

It's that time again...

...graduation application time!

I handed in my paperwork yesterday to graduate in May 2016 with my MA in Community Leadership! It's such a strange realization; I just started school a year ago, and now it's already time to start thinking about what is up next. I keep thinking where I was at in my life a year ago, and I can't believe how far I have come in just one short year.


For anyone curious, the MACL program is an interdisciplinary graduate program at Westminster College. There are three tracks (Comprehensive, Arts & Communities, and International) and it can be completed in anywhere from five semesters to three academic years.

Personally, I chose the Comprehensive track and wanted to finish in 5 semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer, Fall, and Spring). I've taken classes in the Master's of Business Administration program, the Master's of Education program, Master's of Public Communication, and of course Community Leadership courses.

I now have business and budgeting skills, marketing and rhetoric skills, community organizing and public policy skills, and of course social justice skills.

I'd like to keep working on educational issues as I advance in my career, so at least I have some kind of idea of where I want to be. Only 7 months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment