Monday, September 28, 2015

Lend a Hand

Sam is a helpful dude. I mean it, he does his share of the chores, and our apartment looks relatively decent most days. He is in charge of cleaning the fish bowl, doing the laundry, and cleaning the bathroom. I do the grocery shopping, vaccuum everything, and clean the kitchen. We make a pretty good team.

Anyway, in my paintings I wanted to continue experimenting with blending colors, so I decided to make a visual representation of our relationship. I literally painted our hands together, to form this little series. I hung them over our kitchen sink to remind me that we are each one hand in our marriage; we have to work hard and together if we want to get things done.

I've heard horror stories from some of my married friends about how their husbands don't help with anything, so I'm especially grateful that Sam does all that he does to keep our home running. I'll be honest, most of the time, it's just me asking him to take out the kitchen garbage when it gets full (or wash the dishes in the sink), but he is quite obedient and quick to help me when I ask.

I always thank him with a kiss!


No comments:

Post a Comment