Sunday, January 22, 2017

Game #2 and other tidbits

We had our second game of the season yesterday, and The Scientists won 5-3. Not bad considering our game didn't start until 10:20pm and it had been snowing a lot earlier in the day. I was especially exhausted because I had to play the duration of the game without subbing out. Our soccer league has a rule that all coed teams must have at least two girls for each team on the field at all times, and Deborah and I were the only girls who showed up to play. I did however hit 11k steps on my Fitbit and logged over 60 active minutes for my Saturday. 

Check out our sweaty post-game selfie, can you tell how tired we are? 


We (Sam and I) are getting better, but we both want to feel more confident on the field, so we bought our own soccer ball and will be using date night as an opportunity to practice more. I know I was bummed about being so inexperienced at our first game, but that is something I'd like to change.

Princess is 7 months old now! She is teething again and as a result has been destroying her rope toys. Additionally, she has become much more confident when it's time to go outside in the snow. It's funny to watch her boldly walk across frozen snow piles and sniff around, when she refused to leave the porch when she first saw snow. I think she might actually be afraid of my phone, which could explain why she isn't too keen about taking selfies. She is still a good girl, and very much a spoiled rotten, but beloved doggy daughter.


I've been trying to experiment with new recipes lately. First I learned how to make cheese sauce a la white sauce to make our homemade mac'n'cheese taste cheesier. Second, I found a recipe for noodle kugel, a Jewish dish that I'm sure Bubby would have taught me to make if she were still alive. I like the kugel recipe I found, but I already have some ideas on how to lighten it up and pump some more protein into it.

Check out my practically picturesque kugel!



No comments:

Post a Comment