Tuesday, January 3, 2017

This and That

During our holiday vacation, I was able to do this and that. I wasn't able to do all the fun outings we had planned because I hurt my lower back/hip flexor area, but we still managed a few stories. 

With the Dunn's in town, we were able to get together and go bowling. That probably was not the best choice for me since I was already hurting from my injury, but how can you say no to those two cute faces? I got at least five strikes over the course of three different games. I kept the hurt under wraps because I wanted as much family time as I could get, and I was very pleased with the opportunities I had despite the aches and pains.


We got together with Sam's cousin Kelsey, her husband Matthew, and baby Brentlie for a dinner/game night activity. Seriously though, check out this sweet little munchkin face! She's just about the cutest little babe ever.

I'd only been to their townhouse once before, and Sam had never been at all, so we only got lost twice before we actually walked through the door. Kelsey made a yummy pot pie and we brought a chocolate lava cake, and after dinner we played a game called Disney Pictoria. The game shows you images and then asks you trivia questions based on the pictures. The game was a fine choice because Matthew and Kels are Disney die-hards and it made for a healthful competition. I finished the game first, and Sam finished last, but it's not like we are really keeping score ;)


 A member in our ward offered us a larger dining room table, and we were eager to snatch it up. Our old table only sat four people, but this new one sits six! We were so excited to have a larger, sturdier table, which means we can actually invite more than two other people over for dinner. We christened our new table by making a Hanukah-themed brunch of potato pancakes and turkey bacon. The recipe I found for the pancakes is a bit healthier than the latkes I've made in the past, I didn't have to use nearly as much oil to make them this time.
Overall, it's been a pretty decent break from work. Sam heads back to the grind tomorrow, but I still have a few more days before school is back in session. I think I'll spend some time on painting and see what kind of inspiration strikes my writing. 

So far, 2017 isn't off to such a bad start, injury and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment