Sunday, January 29, 2017

Socializing

This week really did me in. I don't know what, maybe a full moon or something like that. Regardless, I still managed to spend some time with coworkers past and present.

A few people at my school wanted to get together to shoot balls at Topgolf. Since I missed the last little social, I decided to go and spend sometime with a handful of my coworkers. In case you've never been to Topgolf, it's like what would happen if a putting green and a bowling alley had a baby.

There are tons of clubs to choose from! We found out the silly way that the evens were on one side of the bay and the odds were on the other. It was silly because it took us a hour to figure it out.

The view of the green from our two bays.




It was nice to get together outside of work and just hang out for a little bit. I feel like we are always on the go and never have a minute to just sit and talk unless it's about students or ordering supplies or any pending catastrophes. The only other time I'd been to Topgolf was with the Elmers on one of our last Arizona visits. Maybe it's time to register at the local Topgolf and play more often.

By the time the weekend rolled around, it was time for a lunch with Amy and Heather. We met up at Red Lobster on Saturday afternoon and had the chance to catch up and indulge in a few ship specials. I had shrimp skewers and grilled chicken with a side of french fries.

I love how we've been able to stay in touch ever since I left working at the U. This fall it will be 5 years since we all met and became friends.

On another note, we lost our soccer game last night. The other team was merciless. In one half, I saw someone get hit in the groin, hit in the butt, and then I got hit twice, once in the chest and then my back. We lost by less than half :( Next week is our 11pm game and we are NOT looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment