Friday, November 3, 2017

Expecting A Miracle, Part 11

  • What do you most look forward to when you meet your baby?
Holding him, looking at his face, and being ridiculously overwhelmed by how much love I can have for a child. I wish I could be more detailed here, but that would warrant me serious emotional pondering that I'm just not ready to express just yet ;)
  • Make a list of activities you can’t wait to do with your baby in the future.
Long walks for sure top this list. I want him to appreciate the beauty of getting outside and disconnecting from the fast-paced world we live in.

Swimming. Next summer, I plan on doing mommy and baby swimming lessons, mostly because I never really learned and I want to make sure he knows his stuff.

Playing with our doggie. I want this baby and my dog to be best buddies, so we will definitely be having lots of quality family time.

Yoga. If this kid is anything like me, he'll need a healthy coping mechanism for stress the minute he's old enough to recognize that he's suffering from it. The sooner he knows what stress is, the sooner I can help him understand the best ways to deal with it and not let it consume him.
  • What do you think your baby will look like? Make a list of which facial features/ hair colour/eye colour/skin colour that you are imagining they will have before you meet them.
As narcissistic as this sounds, I really want my son to look like me. I know he will eventually become Daddy's best friend, so I feel slightly entitled to have him resemble me physically. How cute would that be if he had my blonde curly hair? He'd look like a little lion! I already know he has my mouth, which means he will most likely be a talker, and quite possibly a flirt (although he could just as easily get the flirt traits from Sam's Grandpa Barlow in addition to myself). I know that he has Sam's jaw, which means his facial features will be strongly defined. I personally don't have a defined jaw line and therefore my face always looks fuller, so I'm psyched that Charlie got this one.

It's so much fun to speculate his looks and his personality. 

I already feel such a strong connection to him, which makes me believe that we will be a lot alike, and that in turn means that he will end up being a lot like my dad. I can't wait to see my dad as a grandfather. I'm positive that he and Charlie will just be instant buddies. Since I'm not one to go off of feelings rather than facts, the fact that I have these feelings is a neat way of speculating my hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment