Saturday, November 11, 2017

Expecting A Miracle, Part 12

  • Write a list of maternity symptoms you have experienced.
Tiredness has got to be at the top of this list. Not having enough energy to walk for as long as I want to really gets me down at time. Walking around the block at the wrong time of day is a nightmare, especially when the dog is being a stinker. Sometimes the trek to the restroom at school makes me feel like I'm going to fall over. Although, recently I've felt better most of the time, I think it's because he dropped a bit. 
  • What kinds of foods are you craving?
Potatoes have been a constant craving for me. My doctor says it's because I want the iron and the potassium, so we've gotten pretty creative with how to use potatoes as ingredients in various dishes. Our go-to choices are baked potatoes, hash browns, and mashed potato pancakes.

Oatmeal has been my breakfast of choice during my pregnancy. I've tried different variations of instant oatmeal, homemade oats, and overnight oats. I've determined that I like them hot, but I'm super glad that I've mastered a few overnight oat recipes that will probably come in handy after Charlie is born and I'm in need of a quick and healthy breakfast or snack.

Milk is also something I've been consuming frequently, which on it's own isn't a weird thing, but considering that I really wasn't drinking much milk beforehand, it is. But Charlie needs the calcium, so I'm doing my best to keep my calcium and iron storages up so that he has what he needs to keep growing and developing.
  • What is the hardest thing about being pregnant?
Right now, it's trying to be flexible in regard to labor and delivery. Sam and I spend a lot of time speculating just when labor will actually happen and when our bay will be born. Physically, the hardest part has been my right side sciatica, which is where Charlie seems to have nestled in. I'm really hoping that when he finishes dropping that he will move off of that nerve and I'll have a bit of relief.

Another challenge is just being slower; I can't walk as quickly at various times throughout the day, yet other times I'm just fine. I lose my breath easily, and I cannot sleep through the night because I'm trying to get comfortable.

Seriously though, I'm incredibly grateful I've had such a great pregnancy experience. I feel like having another baby in a few years won't be as hard because I know what to expect. The only thing I wish I had done differently was practice more yoga, especially at the beginning. Right now I really wish I could just lie in Child's Pose, but my belly is just too big. I can't wait to resume my practice postpartum, it's probably what I most look forward to besides being able to sleep on my back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment