Thursday, November 16, 2017

Like Mother, Like Daughter

I've heard many stories from my mother about when she was expecting me. I was very much planned, and my arrival was long awaited. In fact, it was such that my mom ended up being induced 2.5 weeks early due to doctor vacation conflicts. Regardless of how I got here, I arrived on December 8 and became her first born.

I'm often told that she watched Full House, wondering if she would have a little girl. Of course this was back before you could tell the gender on an ultrasound, so she spent the majority of her pregnancy thinking that she was having a boy (don't ask me why).

Like my mother, I've spent the majority of my pregnancy wrapped up in the lives of the Tanner daughters, only I've been watching Fuller House on Netflix and dreaming of the little boy growing in my belly. In another beautiful twist of fate, my due date is within a week of my own birthday in December.

How neat that I get to have the same kind of experience as my mother, but in my own special way. Who'd of thought that it would be the case?

Like mother, like daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment