Monday, January 5, 2015

Goals

To say that this is a list of resolutions really isn't accurate. Anyone who knows me well enough understands that when I say I want to do something, I just do it. In the past, I've made lists of resolutions, themed my year, etc. But this year, I'd like to take a less structured approach.

The chosen theme for 2015 is "Being Human," and will focus on how it feels to have certain experiences. It will be a very reflective year; my emotional navigation might be turbulent, but I'm sure this time next year I will be grateful.

This year will be my only full academic year. I will have a full course load for Spring, Summer, and Fall semester. This means that this year will be my most taxing year for academia, but I know I can do it, I just have to push through. This time next year, I will be working on and finishing my capstone project, and then I will graduate with my MA in Community Leadership.

Tyler will be home in early March, and we will have the chance to work on our relationship as siblings and friends; I'm very excited that he's coming home so soon, and that I'll have the opportunity to spend some quality time with him. He's changed so much since he left for Spain, and I know that he's returning an even better man.

My car will be paid off by the end of the year, seriously, I did the math. I actually keep toying with the idea of paying it off by August, and then saving even more for Europe the following summer. I'm still trying to decide what course of action will be best for me.

I'm pretty sure I'll finish writing the final draft of my novel at some point this year, I just need to motivation and time to make it happen.


Anyway, onto the goals:

I guess my biggest and most important goal of "Being Human" is getting down to a healthy BMI. I think I'll get a personal trainer at my gym, that way I can actually learn more about my body and the best way to preserve it for the long run.

Take more pictures; it's time to work at preserving these experiences and other memories. This extends to my classes and the time I spend with my friends.

I would also like to be able to do push-ups, two sets of twenty everyday to be exact.


I guess there's a bit of structure to this list, but it's more like a mini-list, a list-let if you will. But then again, I've never really had an issue getting things done; this is about enjoying the experiences that accompany graduate school, work, dating, friends, and family. I want to document this year as best I can, because I feel like this is going to be a big year for me.

Okay then, best of luck to everyone else and their goals for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment