Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January Update #1

Push-up Count: 1 set of 20

Fitness:
I had my first session with my personal trainer yesterday, and Zumba tomorrow before class. I think I'll make it a habit to work out on Saturday before cleaning the church. I like having a more structured schedule again now that school has started, it makes it easier to get everything done in a timely manner. I'm sore enough today that I may have to throw in a yoga class on Friday just to stretch my muscles s bit more.

Novel update:
While I had completely rewritten the first three chapters of my novel, I lost it when my flash drive crashed :( So now I use Google Drive exclusively, and am almost finished rewriting these chapters the second time around. With school starting again this week, I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to devote to the rewrite, but I'm hoping to do at least one chapter each month. As of now, the first two chapters have been completely redone.

Paintings:
I've been experimenting with light orbs, and am working on something that looks like it's raining white Christmas lights. The background is dark, and the lights are white-yellow. I think I'm going to call it Raining Lights.

School:
I had my first class last night, Public Advocacy & Policy; I'd heard good things about the instructor, and she didn't disappoint. We talked about critical thinking for awhile, and went over the syllabus. I'll have about five big assignments, but I learned from my mistakes last semester about how to produce my best work. I plan on utilizing the Writing Center for every single assignment, not because I'm unsure of my writing quality, but because I want to hand in my absolute best work possible. I've definitely raised my personal academic standards based on my experiences from Fall 2014. I feel more determined than ever to get the most out of this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment