Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Graduate Poster Session

Getting ready for this poster session was so much work!

I had been working on my poster design since March, and would add something new every other week. I had the brilliant idea to include images of kids cooking, but was unable to photograph the students from my fieldwork (due to anonymity).

How did I remedy this? Well well, a simple text message to Erica fixed everything. She snapped a handful of pics of her sweet kids in the kitchen as they made her a birthday cake, and promptly sent them to me.

The pics were great, and I strategically chose my three favorites before meticulously arranged them on the poster slide.

Something was still missing though.

Finally, my thesis advisor suggested I include artifacts from my fieldwork. Since I'd had students write down answers to questions on note cards, I decided to include some of them. I combed through seventy-one note cards before deciding on the top nine.

When the poster session finally arrived, it was raining cats and dogs!

I carefully wrapped my large poster in Sam's thin fleece blanket, and he carried it out to my car that morning. It continued to rain the rest of the day, but using my maternal instincts I kept it safe.

It was a great session, so many creative ideas and proposals in one place (it was the MACL program, MED, MAT, MPC, and MPH programs too).

My poster, aka Truman's fraternal twin brother, Norman.

We had our pictures taken a few weeks ago for the slideshow, this was mine.

My program bestie, Megan, she reads the blog so I thought she deserved a shout out.

Jana and Pat, two of my favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment