Saturday, April 2, 2016

Dear Truman...

Dear Truman,

You have been a part of me for the last 8 months. Ever since the idea of you was conceptualized, I knew you were special. There is a piece of me inside of you.

Back when you were just a cluster of ideas halfheartedly written on a piece of paper, I had no idea how much possibility you had for me, all the potential, the extension of myself, the product of nine months worth of work.

There were many long days and late nights where I struggled with you. I couldn't get you to behave the way I wanted you to. Pieces of you were enhanced, left alone, and completely omitted on multiple occasions. I spent so much time staring at your words on my computer screen that I almost didn't believe it when the process of writing you was over.

I did my best.

You are the product of all my tears, fears, insecurities, and everything that I think is wrong with this program in public education.

But you are also the product of my confidence, ambition, and my desire to make change that matters.

My dear, beautiful brain-child, I had no idea how amazing you would be, but I hoped and prepared every single day that I was giving you what you needed in order to be a success. You are my best creation so far, a physical representation of the greatness I know I have inside of me.

You are by far my greatest achievement, and you symbolize years of hard work, not to mention an entire lifetime of me wondering just how I wanted to change the world.

Now here we are, and here you are!

A magnificent published thesis, coming in at 90pgs. Just look at you!

I couldn't be prouder to call you mine.

Thanks for being the product of my crazy mind.

-Linds


No comments:

Post a Comment