Monday, October 2, 2017

Expecting A Miracle, Part 6

  • Write about your siblings and what kind of aunty/uncle they might become.
There are two brothers on each side of our family, my two and Sam's two. Since my brothers live locally, they have a higher chance of spending time with my son. But because they are both so busy, it wouldn't surprise me if Charlie saw his local and non-local uncles about the same.

Ian is the uncle that would be a good listener, so maybe he will come around more when the baby is older and more interactive. I can see the two of them becoming buds further down the line. Then again, Ian adores Princess, so who knows?

Tyler is the one more likely to play with him, so I'm hoping he embraces play mode with the baby. I can imagine how fun those playdates will be. Tyler's wife, Lorena, will probably be the same way. I think they will use our baby as practice for when they eventually have kids, and I think I am okay with that.

Sam's brother Max will be the beloved uncle, mostly because he is such a big and burly teddy bear. He's the kind of uncle who'll wonder why the kids love him so much, but he will secretly relish in the attention he receives.

Sam's brother Jake will be the teaser uncle. Charlie will wonder why he's getting teased so much, but I'm willing to be that he will keep going back for more. Jake's wife, Alexa, will be that stern but nurturing component to Jake, mostly because she and I are a lot alike and they already have a baby so they kind of know what they are doing ;)

  • Who are the other children in your life who are looking forward to meeting the baby?
Max and Kate are over the moon that they are getting a new cousin. It is so sweet how they ask about the baby, or how they bring certain things up.

For example, Kate asked me "what names are you considering for my cousin." Lucky for me, they are both onboard with Charlie.

It's strange to think they won't be my babies anymore, that I'll have my own little one. My relationship with those two is so special; I actually told them once that the only kids I will ever love as much them will be my own children.

No comments:

Post a Comment