Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Life Lately

We've had a few little adventures lately in between work weeks and baby preparations, and unfortunately I've been really bad about life updates aside from my pregnancy series. So here is a brief update on what we have been up to as a couple.
Homecoming week at BYU meant tickets to BYU Spectacular, hosted by none other than Kristen Chenoweth, who is absolutely hilarious as well as vocally talented! It was such a great show, and it was centered around Broadway music (which I love!!!). We hit up the matinee show and then did our traditional trek to the creamery for some ice cream,

Last week on the 18th, we did our monthly surprise date night and went to Village Inn for Free Pie Wednesday. We haven't been to VI since we were dating (our second date to be exact), and it was fun to reminisce about how far we've come as a couple since that particular date. I ordered my favorite triple berry pie and a hot cocoa, while Sam got cheese fries, a berry limeade, and cherry pie.

Finally, we got to meet our new cousin Seth. He is so little and still has that new baby smell. Can you tell we are ready for our own little bundle of wonder to make his debut?

In other news, we have been working on making our basement a more central room in our house. We ordered new energy-efficient windows that will be here in about two weeks, and fixed our handrail that was practically falling off the wall. By fixing the rail, it left a few small holes that needed to be patched and painted, so I decided that we should paint the basement a color of our own choosing. We decided on a shade of yellow called "Hawaiian Pineapple." 

So far, I've been able to do the hallway and it already looks brighter. I'm trying to create a versatile space where our family will want to spend any free time we have together. Much to my annoyance, it takes three coats of paint to cover the dark brown color currently present, so it is taking me a bit longer than I had hoped. Once we finish painting, we will clean the carpets and wait for our windows to go in. People are laughing at me and accusing me of "nesting," but honestly I'm just a little bit bored and slightly eager to put my house in order before Thanksgiving.

Anyway, I'll try to be better about keeping you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment