Sunday, January 14, 2018

a goal without a plan...

...is just a wish.

That's one thing I took away from my Institute class eight years ago. Additionally, my teacher said that writing down your goals increased your chances of actually meeting them.

I often think of this advice in January each year as everybody around me shares their resolutions for the new year. Since I'm no stranger to starting new goals and projects, the time of year doesn't really create pressure for when to start.

However, since it is the season, I've been thinking about what I'd like to accomplish this year.

So far, this is what I've come up with for myself:
  • Physical
    • Exercise 30 minutes a day
    • Drink 96oz of water a day
  • Creative
    • Enter a piece of work in an art competition
    • Create a large scale piece of work to incorporate into our home decor
  • Spiritual
    • Practice Yoga every other day
    • Hold weekly Family Home Evening

In the past I've made lists of 10 goals, and accomplished about 80% of them. This year, I've decided that some of my past tactics to meet my goals may not be the best for this year.

I'm going to focus of the journey to reaching the goals. My big underlying goal is to lose my last 15lbs of baby weight by the time Charlie's first birthday rolls around. It will feel good to be in great shape to kick off my 29th year. I just want to be at the top of my game.

This year will be unlike any other before, because I have a little munchkin in tow.

It's continuing this new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment