Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Life with Baby: Week 6


How is it possible that my baby is six weeks old?

CharlieB reacts to noise, can track movement with his eyes, and is a tummy time master.

Remember how I said he loves to look around?

Well, I catch him frequently just staring at specific spots around me and wonder what it is he can see. We were visiting a friend last weekend, and he kept staring at a spot between the window and the Christmas tree. When she handed him back to me, he turned his head to continue staring at that same spot (I was about five feet away from where they'd been sitting).

He does this a lot.

Like, a lot a lot.

I've been told that babies can see angels, and that's probably what he's looking at.

Regardless, last night as I changed him, he stared wide-eyed behind me. Not gonna lie, it freaked me out a little bit. I half-expected a ghost to be there when I turned around.

Although I've often wondered if my Bubby's presence is near ever since Charlie was born.

I wonder if she's his guardian angel.

I'm sad that he will never know her, he is her first great-grandchild and first great-grandson. He was born into quite the legacy of strong-women. I hope that he will contribute to that legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment