Monday, January 22, 2018

Getting back

Needless to say, trying to participate in extracurriculars post-baby is challenging. Baby duty is a constant trade-off, and we're lucky we've been able to settle into some kind of groove.

However, we've both been missing the extras that make up who we are.

I've been trying to figure out a way for us to make it to the temple on a more regular basis. I have six female names that need to be endowed, and Sam has nine male names. One of my personal resolutions this year is to finish the work for those 15 names.

As we drove home from family dinner in Lehi last night, I brought up our temple attendance. I haven't done temple work since the fall, and Sam's only been once since Charlie was born. We loved our temple dates while we were dating and when we were first married, which is why I was sad we haven't been able to go since we had the baby.

I addressed my thoughts with my husband, and came to the conclusion that the focus needs to be on the temple work and not necessarily on making it a date. We did have friends offer to babysit for us so we can go to the temple, but evenings are a challenge for us and Saturday days are hit or miss for them, so we needed another way.

Together we decided that one of us would attend the temple every week. Starting the weekend after Charlie's blessing, we will alternate temple Saturdays. We will still take my friends up on their babysitting offer so we can go together ever few weeks, but as far as a standing commitment goes this is our solution.

It was nice to make a plan, I even marked which weekends are mine and which belong to Sam.

Our conditions are you can go whatever time you want (morning or afternoon), and you must do the weekly grocery shopping on your way home.

Not only do we now have a plan for the temple, but we bought season tickets to the Desert Star Playhouse and our first show is this weekend!

Really though, it isn't about getting back to where we were before Charlie joined the family. It is about growing into something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment