Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter/Conference Weekend

Oh boy, what a busy weekend!

It all started on Friday, when Sam's roommate celebrated his 29th birthday at an awesome cabin in Park City. We spent the majority of our night at the party, and despite it being 34 degrees at the bonfire, it was perfectly wonderful.


The view from the deck was just beautiful!

Then came Saturday, the first Saturday in a month where I didn't have to wake up at 3:45am to work at the Temple (it was closed because of Conference). I lazily rolled out of bed around 7:30am, and did a few loads of laundry before heading out to watch the Saturday AM session of General Conference with Meredith and Aaron. I'll admit we talked a bit more than we listened, but cut us some slack, we hadn't seen each other in at least a month! Mere made cinnamon rolls just for the occasion :) My favorite part of the Sat AM session was seeing the photographs of the Quorum of the 12 and the First Presidency and their wives at various points in their lives this far.

Hillside had an Easter Egg hunt in between the sessions, so I went to participate (or to socialize, whichever reason sounds more believable). After the hunt, I watched the Sat PM session while I cleaned the bathroom and made coasters for a bridal shower present.

Since Sam was going to the Priesthood session, I went to get a massage and finally took Sheldon through the car wash (he was beyond gross because of the rain last week). After that, I went to see Godspell at Westminster.

Sunday morning began with breakfast with the Jensen clan (such delicious bacon!), followed by the Sun AM session. Again, I probably talked more than I listened, but it was watched by me nonetheless. I tried to finish making the coasters before heading to Sam's so that we could watch the Sun PM session, but I didn't quite finish. That's okay though, I will finish them tonight.

I actually paid the best attention while watching with Sam, I think I took the most notes too. After that session, we made smoothies and just talked for a few hours. I guess that's what happens when you go a few days without seeing each other, nonstop catch-up :)

Overall, it was a nice busy weekend. Only four more weeks of the semester!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment