Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Whirlwind

My pal Erica recently posted on her blog about how last week felt like a whirlwind, and I'm glad someone could sympathize with the feeling.

Tonight is my final presentation for my Public Policy class; I also need to have in my Proposal paper. It's crazy to think that after tonight, my course work for the semester will have concluded. I presented in my Marketing class last week, and now my Thursday class is over, more or less. I swear, the last two weeks have left me drained, both emotionally and physically.

As much as I love working at the SL Temple, the early Saturday AM shift is taking it's toll on my energy. While I get through my shift just fine, come 1pm I'm usually half-asleep and exhausted. Afternoon naps that end up being longer than 40 minutes usually result in a headache, but if I don't nap I'm a total zombie by 4pm. I keep reminding myself how much being a temple worker is worth it. I probably won't have the chance to do this again until after my future children are teenagers.

Still.

Working full-time, doing school full-time, and working at the temple. Not many people would be willing to take on a stress load like this. I can do it. I know I can.

Yes, it's challenging. Would I change anything? Well, it's not really an option.

But things are changing; they're actually about to change in a really big way!

My summer textbooks have begun to arrive, I'm just waiting on one more that should be here by the time I get home tonight. I'm trying to mentally prepare for the condensed nature of this Intro to Education class that will dominate my life come next month, but we gotta do what we gotta do.

I still can't believe that I'm finished with one full year of graduate school! This time next year I'll be graduating with an MA in Community Leadership, and trying to plan the next steps of my life.

So yes, I feel very much like I'm stuck in a wind tunnel and all I can feel and hear is the whirlwind of life happening around me. But this too shall pass, am I right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment