Friday, April 3, 2015

light at the end of the tunnel

Oh my goodness, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

This semester has definitely been an adjustment; so much has happened, so much has changed, and my routine is solid (and by solid, it means completely ridiculous to anyone other than me). But here we are, April 2015, with a mere 4 weeks left in the semester!

Part of me wonders why I'm so eager, only because May term is going to be pretty intense. But I think I'm ready to shake up my routine a little bit. It's hard to imagine that two months from now, my program will be more than half over. As much as I love my cohort, these 3hr+ evening classes make for a tired me, and I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on fun activities due to my class time commitment. Oh well, 12 months from now I will be graduating and it will all be behind me.

What have I learned thus far in 2015, you ask?


  • For optimum health, exercise 30-60 minutes up to three times a week (think Sunday mid-morning, and early morning on Tuesday and Thursday)
  • Reading one chapter from the scriptures in the morning and one in the evening is not as big of a time commitment as I thought it would be
  • I tamed the beast that is my hair; I don't even know how I figured it out, but I did, and we are both happier because of it
  • The world is full of opportunities, and I have to be willing to embrace them when the time is right, otherwise I'm just running scared
  • There is no right time for anything, so going with your feelings (not your fears) is the best way to gauge your choices of what to do next
  • I love the temple, even when my alarm clock goes off at 3:45am on Saturday so I can make my 5am shift
  • Apparently, I don't need Max's permission to get married

No comments:

Post a Comment