Thursday, April 9, 2015

Writing a proposal

Hang on, I know you saw the word proposal and your mind immediately jumped to conclusions. It's not that kind of story; it's a school story.

Anyway, my Public Policy class has been super interesting this semester, and my final is in the form of a proposal and presentation. Since I've never written any kind of proposal before, I decided to ask for help. My Marketing professor had offered his assistance to myself and another student in my cohort in constructing our proposals for our other class, so we took him up on it.

I have a decent basic understanding of how to write a proposal, and the more I get into it, the more I realize that this idea might have a real chance at becoming a reality. Basically, I'm proposing that budgets for cooking labs in low income schools go under review, and be restored for at least one school year as to measure the effectiveness of it's learning objectives. Based on the data, get either the administration or the school board to sign off on a new budget that protects those allocated funds so that students can actually learn the life skills taught to them in a cooking lab.

I have a long way to go, but I think it's doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment