Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A little more spiritual...

Many of you know that I'm an active member of the LDS church; and some of you know I was also born Jewish. Religion has always been an area of my life that I've chosen to keep private, i.e. I keep my thoughts to myself as opposed to sharing them with anyone else. I'm sure there are people who question whether or not I even have a testimony.

I'll admit that I keep to myself because I know I'm still trying to figure it all out. I know how much I love the temple, and I know that the day I went through the temple changed my life. I've had my ups and downs with my religion, but lately I've been searching for comfort and I'm finding it piece by piece.

I've made choices that have brought me closer to the Lord, and choices that took me further away, but I've always circled back to what brings me comfort.

I love the temple, it has always brought me peace and happiness. It is one of the things that I am most grateful for. So maybe, in honor of Thanksgiving, it's completely appropriate to make a gratitude list (in no particular order).

Obviously, the Temple (as noted above)

Having a job that I love, which also pays for tuition for the graduate program that I love.

Meredith & Aaron, who are just wonderful and I'm grateful everyday that they are a part of my life.

Bryce, who has been my friend for over 10 years at this point. He's the best "big brother" I could've asked for, I would be lost without him.

Alex, Rory and Hayley, they are such wonderful people and I'm so lucky that they care about me the way that they do. What would I do without them?

Max & Kate, my sweet little cousins who follow me everywhere and inspire me by saying adorably precocious things.

Tyler, my baby brother who is making the ultimate sacrifice by serving a mission when he didn't have to.

My friend Connie and her kids, because they've "adopted" me into their lives in the most adorable way possible.

My friends in my ward, they've really been there for me in the last 19 months.

My parents, they always have my back.

My bishopric, and their wives :)


Anyway, regardless of all the doubts I've had regarding religion, I've always known what to be grateful for in my life. So, how's that for a little more spiritual?

No comments:

Post a Comment