Monday, November 3, 2014

#My500Words Challenge: Day 25

The Challenge

Write about travel

The 500 Words


I dream of traveling to Europe one day; I haven’t had the chance to go just yet, but I’m planning an amazing European adventure that will happen when I finish with graduate school in 2016. I’ve been saving for this amazing trip for awhile, and I can’t wait until my 26th birthday when it’s close enough to start plotting my course.

A few places that I’m determined to go to include London, England; Paris, France; Barcelona, Spain; Rome, Italy and any other place that catches my eye. I’m sure that by the time I’m ready to go, my list will be even longer and my excitement will increase further.

I’ve only been to a few places in the United States; Washington State, Oregon, California, Idaho, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Florida, and maybe a few other cities that I just can’t recall at the moment.

My favorite place was New York, with DC being a close second. I love Broadway, and all the great excitement that the city has to offer me. One day, my roommate Anne will be on Broadway and establishing herself as the wonderful Queen of New York. When that happens, I will visit her every few months to see all of her amazing opening nights.

DC was so full of history, I couldn’t believe just how much there was to take in; even being there for a few months wasn’t enough time to see everything and go everywhere that I wanted to go. I loved the American History Museum, mostly because I love pop culture and so much of it makes up the modern history of the nation.

When I go to Paris, I want to see the Eiffel tower, and take so many pictures that I will be able to spend the rest of my life painting the images. When I go to London, I want to go to Buckingham Palace and see the Queen’s jewels, and possibly stalk the Royal couple until I am able to meet them. Just kidding, although I really would love to meet Kate Middleton.

Barcelona will be an adventure unto itself, and I have no idea what might be in store for me there. But I think I might be ready for anything, especially if my brother is with me and can speak the language fluently.

Oh, it will be such a grand adventure, I’m already excited and it’s more than a year and a half away!

In the meantime, I will continue to pin photos of fare-off places to my travel board and Pintrest, and save my pennies so that I can turn the amazing dream into a reality. What are other places that I’m dying to see? Any part of Asia really, such as Tokyo, Japan and the great wall of China, but there are so many places I haven’t even thought of yet.


How can I wait? I guess I should focus on school, since this trip is my reward for obtaining my Master’s degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment