Thursday, May 22, 2014

Kate's Graduation


I can't believe it's that time of year again! It seems like just yesterday I was watching my little Max finish Kindergarten, and now it's Kate's turn.

Rather than make this post a "oh-my-goodness-I'm-getting-old-what-have-I-done-with-my-life" shpeel, it will be a recap of my time with her these last 5yrs.

The day she was born, August 17, 2008
6 months old

9 months old
18 months old

I love this little girl SO much, but it wasn't always mutual. She was such a high-maintenance baby, and she didn't care for me. Max and Kate's differences have always been compared to that of dogs and cats. Max is like a dog; very friendly, affectionate, etc. Kate has always been like a cat (and this is coming from someone who grew up with cats); you have to work for her affections, it's her way or the highway, and she doesn't do anything unless she wants to.
She is determined to do hard things

She is adorable

And of course, the one time I finally agreed to make her curly hair straight

I believe it was the summer of 2010 when she suddenly decided that she loved me, around the time of her 2nd birthday. Usually when I showed up to babysit, she would greet me with angry tear-filled eyes. This time, the front door swung open, and there she stood, a big smile on her face and she excitedly called out "Lindsey" before running across the lawn barefoot and jumped into my arms. I will never forget that day.

We've been as thick as thieves ever since.



Happy Graduation little one, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment