Friday, May 16, 2014

Summer of Reading: Adulting: How to Become An Adult in 468 Easy-ish Steps

This week, I read Adulting: how to become an adult in 468 easy(ish) steps by Kelly Williams Brown.



First off, I think the suggestions in this book are great, although I already practice most of them, so I guess that makes me pretty good at "adulting." I will say it made me happy to know that a step to being an adult is freezing meat in 1-3 people portion sizes (I have been doing that for months because it is so convenient).

Another step, discount shopping! I've got this one hands down, I almost exclusively shop at Savers in Millcreek unless I absolutely need it from a department store. My closet is filled with designer clothes that I paid a small fraction for (it pays to know my labels).

The chapter that stood out most to me was on Love.

Step 327.
Accept that heartbreak is inevitable, and realize the only way
to be a full human being to experience it at least once.

Step 329. Love is worth it; Step 330. Be cool with being single;
I'm not usually one to post anything with the f-bomb, but I felt this was necessarily relevant.
Both are relevant.


Step 379. Don't expect "closure," ever, on anything;
I'll admit that this last one I've been guilty of for years, but it's so nice to finally and officially be over it.


I would totally recommend this book, if anything it will help you notice all the ways you are already doing well at being an adult and you will feel  100x better about 'adulting' in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment